- #Joboftheweek Functional Assessor (Nurses, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Paramedics)
#Joboftheweek Functional Assessor (Nurses, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Paramedics)
Locations: Canterbury, Colchester, Rayleigh, Rochford, Leicester, Medway, Haverhill, Braintree, Ipswich, Norwich and Stanford Le Hope.
Hours: Full (40 hours) or part time hours available (minimum 24 hours per week)
Salary: £37,333 to £44,800 (based on 40 hours per week – pro-rata for part time hours)
Holidays: Annual entitlement 29 days (including bank holidays) increasing with length of service.
What are the main job functions?
- As a qualified Nurse, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Paramedics, the role as a ‘Personal Functional Assessor’ involves you undertaking functional assessments pragmatically and objectively, on behalf of the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP). After the assessment, you will be required to produce a detailed and accurate functional report that provides the DWP with details of the claimant’s functional ability along with a review of their medical condition/restriction.
- The role therefore does require, in particular, good report writing skills and a broad clinical knowledge however rest assured, you will receive extensive training throughout the first few weeks of your employment, including eLearning provided by the DWP and an in-house training course facilitated by experienced clinical trainers. Whilst you will be required to work autonomously once fully trained, you will continue to receive ongoing support from other clinical staff delivering similar assessments to you. There will also be the opportunity to continue to develop in the role by partaking in additional courses which the company offers.
What we will provide to you:
- £400 annual CPD allowance (pro rata for part-time working);
- Long service awards (opportunity to earn an additional £4,850 within 3.5 years!);
- Up to 34 days annual leave (including bank holidays) – annual leave increase with completed service;
- Buy additional leave scheme;
- Moving Day leave;
- Annual PFAS Awards;
- Paid extensive training to become a certified Functional Assessor (Disability Analyst);
- Support with professional revalidation as an OT, Physio, Paramedic or Nurse (RMN, RNLD, RGN);
- Opportunity to earn more through optional Overtime;
- Clinical Lead specific site support;
- Pension Scheme;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Access to IPRS Group Physiotherapy;
- No absence rewards;
- Recruit a Clinical Friend bonus scheme up to £1000;
- Westfield Health Cash Plan, providing you with a vast amount of benefits including money back on private healthcare such as eye sight tests and dental treatment, with the added bonus of discounts at over 500 leading online and high street retailers.
What we need from you:
- NMC registration as a Nurse (RMN, RNLD, RGN) or HCPC registration as a Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Paramedic;
- 12 months of post-registration experience and;
- A broad clinical knowledge base, with experience working with individuals with a variety of different health conditions
or to arrange either an informal conversation or for more details on this role then please contact our recruitment team on [email protected]